BeerTutor.com - beer information, reviews, articles, forums and more BeerTutor.com
          Beer Database | Beer Styles Guide | Glossary | Articles | Videos | City Guides | Tools | Forums
         Homebrewing | Beer Trivia Quizzes | Fun Stuff | Food & Drink Recipes | Links | Books | Beer Gear
Find BeerTutor.com on Facebook   
  Beer Forums
FAQRules/FAQ SearchSearch Member ListMember List  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ABV and IBU Statistics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beer Forums Forum Index -> What's New @ BeerTutor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sloshed
Chief Enabler
Chief Enabler

Beer Reviews: 2894
Favorite Beer: Achel Extra, Bell's Expedition Stout, Westvleteren 12

PostPosted: Sun - Jan, 29 2012 - 11:45 pm    Post subject: ABV and IBU Statistics Reply with quote

I spent the last couple of days searching out the beers with the highest ABV and IBUs in order to update our pages in the statistics section. I also added all of the beers for those brewers. We were missing a lot of them, but no longer.

http://www.beertutor.com/beers/index.php?t=beer_stats

Last edited by sloshed on Mon - Jan, 30 2012 - 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
beerlover420
Permadrunk
Permadrunk

Beer Reviews: 1561
Favorite Beer: Westvleteren Abt.12, Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

PostPosted: Mon - Jan, 30 2012 - 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job. I like it.
Beer
ricka182
Betty Ford Patient
Betty Ford Patient

Beer Reviews: 61
Favorite Beer: Westvleteren Abt 12

PostPosted: Mon - Jan, 30 2012 - 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.. always good to know those beers. I didn't know there was a 57.7% beer. I must find it, and try it. Hell, I thought the highest was still in the 40's... Beer
sloshed
Chief Enabler
Chief Enabler

PostPosted: Mon - Jan, 30 2012 - 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricka182 wrote:
Very nice.. always good to know those beers. I didn't know there was a 57.7% beer. I must find it, and try it. Hell, I thought the highest was still in the 40's... Beer

I think that was very recent. That German brewery and BrewDog have been in a strongest beer pissing match for quite a while. BrewDog released the End of History and said they were done brewing beers this strong. Then the German brewery released the 57% beer and I think the Latin translation of the name "Finis Coronat Opus" is Final Crowning Achievement which leads me to believe they are now done. And yes, I'm the nerd that took Latin in high school.. Embarrassed
ricka182
Betty Ford Patient
Betty Ford Patient

PostPosted: Tue - Jan, 31 2012 - 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew about the war between BrewDog and the Germans, but I stopped following it at 40% or so... I can't really believe a beer like that would even taste like a beer without such a heavy alcohol burn.. I mean, 57.7% is a lot of alcohol in any one sip of anything..

I prefer beers I can drink and enjoy, not sip and get smashed. But I still want to try it...
sloshed
Chief Enabler
Chief Enabler

PostPosted: Tue - Jan, 31 2012 - 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I would like to try it to, but I don't think its going to happen. I read that they only made 36 bottles of it. And if Brewdog's "End of History" at $765/bottle is any indication of the price, that would also be a dealbreaker for me.. By the way, if you haven't seen the End of History, this is some crazy shit...

Anyway, I doubt these taste anything like beer. I remember when I tried Utopias that it tasted much more like port than beer.
ricka182
Betty Ford Patient
Betty Ford Patient

PostPosted: Wed - Feb, 01 2012 - 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F**K! Now I remember clearly the animal bottles, seeing them somewhere. And for $765 a bottle, they can go F themselves. Probably tastes like shit anyway...
sloshed
Chief Enabler
Chief Enabler

PostPosted: Thu - Feb, 02 2012 - 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. wierd shit and way too expensive. I read the bottle animals were made out of squirrels, badgers, and 1 rabbit. All roadkill. It's beyond strange and likely not worth the money.. Utopias was worth it at $100 (I got a sip for free) - I wish I had one of those bottles, because they were very cool. I periodically pay $25/bottle to have a Westy 12 shipped over, but anything over $100 is too much for a beer...
ricka182
Betty Ford Patient
Betty Ford Patient

PostPosted: Thu - Feb, 02 2012 - 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have 2 Westy 12's, been aging for a few years now. I can't wait to open another, sometime this year probably. As for Utopias, I missed last years release because they went out unannounced in March, as opposed to November when it usually comes out. I do have 4 Utopias vessels, 3 of them still full. I might have some this weekend for the game...

I'm also working on getting my hands on a few Hopslam from Bells. They don't distirbute around here, so it's slim picking. But I know someone from another fourm that is willing to send me 3, and I will send back 3 local brews from around here. It's a very limited release, highly rated, but also some say it's just okay and highly overpriced. I think a 6er goes for near $20... That's true supply and demand right there..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beer Forums Forum Index -> What's New @ BeerTutor All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: