Advanced Search
Find BeerTutor.com on Facebook   
Check It Out!
The best selection of premium craft beers you'll find from any beer of the month club.
Craft Beer Club
Links
Travel Guides
Oregon Campgrounds

Beer Forums

FAQRules/FAQ SearchSearch Member ListMember List  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Features

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beer Forums Forum Index -> What's New @ BeerTutor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sloshed
Chief Enabler
Chief Enabler

Beer Reviews: 2946
Favorite Beer: Achel Extra, Bell's Expedition Stout, Westvleteren 12

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 - 5:30pm    Post subject: New Features Reply with quote
For the last couple of weeks we have been busy adding a few new features to the site as follows:

1) Brewery Map - We now have a map of all of the breweries in our database. You can access this from the menu in the Beer Database section of the site. Note that I am still in the middle of mapping the breweries with GPS.

2) New Brewery Pages - We have updated our brewery pages to include address, phone number, website, average rating, and brewery rank if they have 3 or more beer reviews completed. I am in the middle of the long process of adding the contact information. I am currently on the letter C and have a ways to go.

3) Brewery Rankings - At the top of the statistics section of the Beer Database, we have added Brewery Rankings for breweries that have 3 or more reviews submitted.

4) Database Cleanup - While completing this project, I am marking defunct brewers as closed and their beers as retired, associating beers with the correct brewer after so many mergers that have occurred, updating ABV information, and adding new beers. The database will be much more accurate when this is all done.
ricka182
Betty Ford Patient
Betty Ford Patient

Beer Reviews: 61
Favorite Beer: Westvleteren Abt 12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 - 5:58pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The map is very cool, and kind of funny. Markers literally everywhere.. I ove it! Beer rules the world..

Although, the marker over Antarctica is labeled as a beer from Costa Rica..

Someday if I win the lottery, you can place a special arrow over my brewery..
sloshed
Chief Enabler
Chief Enabler

Beer Reviews: 2946
Favorite Beer: Achel Extra, Bell's Expedition Stout, Westvleteren 12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 - 1:51am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ricka182 wrote:
The map is very cool, and kind of funny. Markers literally everywhere.. I ove it! Beer rules the world..

Although, the marker over Antarctica is labeled as a beer from Costa Rica..

Someday if I win the lottery, you can place a special arrow over my brewery..

Yeah, the markers are a little crazy, so I am going to switch them to a skinnier marker.

I'm still updating the beers and breweries, so that antarctica will get fixed when I get there.. It's a huge job that,s going to take awhile..

Of course you would get a special marker.. It would be worthy of the pimp you are Laugh
ricka182
Betty Ford Patient
Betty Ford Patient

Beer Reviews: 61
Favorite Beer: Westvleteren Abt 12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 - 6:23pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someday....lottery = brew pub and restaurant. 10 star zagat and micheline shit...all the way aweosme yo!!!

wooooo1!!!! :ced: Beer Beer Beer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beer Forums Forum Index -> What's New @ BeerTutor All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Jump to: